Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Weekend Training

I joined a training team last weekend in North County and we walked 14 miles all around Solana Beach. It was challenging as it was my first 14 mile walk. I met some great people as well. Below is an email I received today describing our traiing walks for next weekend. This will be my first "back-to-back" Yum burritos!
~~~~~
Hello everyone! It's back to back time again! This weekend, we'll walk 15 miles on Saturday and 11 miles on Sunday. As a special treat, we'll have breakfast at Buccaneer Park at our halfway point on Saturday. Chuck goes all out for us with burritos, fruit, juice, coffee, you name it. And all for $7 which includes tax and tip. So PLEASE let me know right away if you are coming. I have to get a head count to Chuck by Thursday night.

Saturday: Meet me at the Ralph's grocery store just off Poinsettia in Carlsbad. To get there from I-5, take the Poinsettia exit and go west. Turn left on Avenida Encinas and then an immediate left into the shopping center. Look for me in the lot near Ralph's (there's a Starbucks there, too!) Be there at 6:30 for sign in and stretching. We'll take off at 6:45. With the miles and breakfast stop, plan for at least 6 hours so give yourself plenty of time. Correct change of $7 would be great as well.

Sunday: We'll meet at Moonlight Beach in Encinitas. To get there, take I-5 to Encinitas Boulevard and go west. Cross Highway 101 (now you're on "B" street). Continue just a short distance and take a LEFT on 3rd. Go up the hill. At top of hill, turn RIGHT on "C" street and then RIGHT into the parking lot. No planned breakfast so bring a snack for our halfway point. Plan to arrive at 6:30 for a 6:45 start. We'll be on the road for about 4.5 hours.
For both days, please be sure to have plenty of hydration, sunscreen, hat,medical kit, extra socks in a zip bag, money to buy food or water, etc.

Please RSVP for both walks and for the Saturday breakfast. Need head count by Thursday evening!

See you soon! Welcome to our new walker, Nancy, and to some new names on our mailing list from the Expo!

No comments: