Monday, October 6, 2008

This walking isn't easy....

I walked 26 miles this weekend all over Encinitas, Carlsbad and Ocean Side. I have fallen in love with North County and have found some cool shops and restaurants I want to check out. The training is now getting really hard and I have a lot of respect for the ladies in pink. Some of them in this training group are survivors, some are a lot older than I but boy they are resilient. Blisters stopping them, no way; they just stop and wrap them up and keep going. Lots' of tears are shed talking to them over breast cancer stories.

I came in last every day with another girl but that is ok. The others walk really fast and I FEEL like I'm walking fast but I'm much slower. My "partner" is 5'10" and has legs up to my waist and she walks the same speed as I. We talk politics the whole time which makes the hours go by faster. I have to keep up with these training groups, even if I'm slower. I came home both days and took Epsom salt baths and it helped with the tightness. I then studied for hours and after sitting at the table or computer my legs would scream when I stood up. This is MUCH harder than I thought it would be.

Today is a rest day. I have school tonight which is MUCH harder than I thought it would be too. After talking to these other women, I've decided not to stay in the tents. Most of them stay in hotels. I will have JL pick me up on the first day after he's off work and go home. I will then take drive myself the 2nd and 3rd day. I think I'm going to need to soak in the tub and get some rest at night.

I hope I do not come off like a whiner - it's just that I really miss my wine ;)

No comments: