Thursday, October 23, 2008

Breast Cancer Facts

I am sorry that I have not been posting recently. I am either training for the walk or studying for a class I am taking.

I have reached my fundraising minimum goal of $2,200 which I am grateful for. Thank you my friends and family.

Here are some breast cancer facts - share them with your loved ones.

-Nancy


 Breast cancer is the leading cancer among American women and is second only to lung cancer in cancer deaths.

 One woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every three minutes and one woman will die of breast cancer every 13 minutes in the United States.

 An estimated 40,460 women and 450 men will die from breast cancer in 2008.

 Only 5 to 10 percent of breast cancers are due to heredity. The majority of women with breast cancer have no known significant family history or other known risk factors.

 African Americans have the highest death rate from breast cancer of any racial/ethnic group in the United States.

 Without a cure, 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will continue to be diagnosed with breast cancer - a devastating disease with physical, emotional, psychological and financial pain that can last a lifetime.

 Without a cure, an estimated 5 million Americans will be diagnosed with breast cancer - and more than 1 million could die over the next 25 years.

No comments: