Tuesday, July 1, 2008

We've Got Tomatoes!


I thought I was being all fancy and bought some rebar and painted them green. I wanted to use these to hold up the tomatoes in the garden. I don't like the cages you buy at home depot. They don't let the tomatoes breath. Only problem - I didn't buy enough and should have bought them taller. Lesson learned. We ended up finding other things on the property and in the shed to use. Eclectic.




I waited too long to tie up the tomatoes. Some of the branches had fallen over. I also planted everything too close. Another lesson learned. As I lifted one branch this is what I found! It's a huge cluster of beauties but they are so close to the ground. Maybe I should thin them out.




My Early Girls have begun to ripen but the taste doesn't WOW me. At least they are healthy~organic. Do you know why the leaves are curly? It doesn't look very healthy.




To forget how to dig the earth and to tend the soil is to forget ourselves. -- Mohandas K. Gandhi

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Leave a comment! Let me know you stopped by...

xoxo

N

Robin said...

We stop by often - Robin & Gavin xoxo