Saturday, April 19, 2008

Compost Happens!



I worked the compost today; adding it to my new vegetable bed. Did you know that 3/4 of a household's waste is compostable? Composting benefits the environment, your pocketbook and is a must if you want to garden organically. Compost also improves the soil and protects plants from certain diseases.

Everyone should compost. Don't be afraid to give it a try - it's not rocket science.



Some of God's garden helpers - worms!! Working in the backyard today made me think of my Mother. I taught her how to compost and she took it very seriously. I was so proud of her. We could not believe how many worms she had in her compost bin. Come to find out, worms LOVE coffee grounds. They sure must have had a caffeine buzz from Mom's compost pile as she certainly loved her coffee!

No comments: